We made a flight booking for our family ( 4 members) through Cleartrip for Mumbai-Delhi- Moscow Air India flight on 28th of January 2022
Ticket ID 1: [Protected](3 members return ticket)
Ticket ID 2: [Protected](1 member only one side ticket)
1. On 7th February, Air India rescheduled their flight of 4th May to 5th May
2. We get a call from cleartip, asking if we are ok with the reschedule to which we confirmed that we are fine with 1 day delay.
3. In April first week, cleartip customer care called us stating that all AirIndia flights to Russia may get suspended/ cancelled and your ticket is eligible for full refund.
a. Considering the risk, we confirmed for cancellation so that we can book ticket with another airlines, as we have to travel in the month of May.
b. Only upon promise by the customer care we confirmed for cancellation with full refund.
4. To our surprise we get message of refund with a huge deduction of charges to our ticket and a call from cleartrip finance team that your ticket cannot be fully refunded because you accepted a reschedule.
5. We have called multiple times (around 10 times explaining the whole story again and again) to cleartrip and escalated the issue and everytime we call they promise to investigate and come back.
6. Today Apr 10th we again got a call from cleartrip that our ticket cannot be fully refunded and you will need to speak to the airlines to which we spoke to the airlines and they confirmed that you should get a full refund and ask cleartrip to write to AirIndia sales team.
This is a clear case of how mismanaged cleartip process is and can cause so much hassle and frustration to the customers. We have been requesting them in detail about the issue and clear trip customer care and finance team is playing ping pong. Cleartrip should not harass genuine customers like this and investigate the case properly at their end and provide a good customer care experience.
Clear trip is spoiling their image by mishandling the cases like this at NO FAULT from customer side.
I request cleartrip to investigate this case properly and provide a prompt resolution to this.
With the hassle we are going through and the amount of cancellation money, I will have no option but to take this matter to the consumer court and to the legal judication for help so that other customers do not get hassled like us.